Blechexpo at Messe Stuttgart (Germany) presents the entire process chain of cold-forming sheet metal processing and the associated thermal or mechanical cutting, joining and connection technology. umati will be there to represent its community and the newly published the OPC UA Companion Specification for Metal Forming.
Metal forming and related technologies are an important sub-sector of the machine tool and metalworking industry. Blechexpo is the established showcase in southern Germany to display machinery, tools, processing equipment up to joining and connection technologies.
umati will be present in Hall 9, booth 9502, representing its community of more than 320 partners.
Furthermore, umati will introduce the latest development in OPC UA for Machine Tools: the new Companion Specification OPC 40503 “UA for Metal Forming”. A multinational joint working group has worked to create a new standard specifically for the needs of the metal forming industry. The standard references the OPC 40501–1 “UA for Machine Tools” specification and aims at the following use cases:
- Providing OPC UA for Machine Tools Use Cases using the Machine Tools Facets
- Providing access to repetitive forming data and cyclic monitoring
- Providing access to characteristic forming positions and cyclic monitoring
- Providing information for metal forming tool-specific parameters
- Providing Process Values from functional working units related to the forming process
- Cyclic Monitoring of specific job parameters
- Cyclic Monitoring for forming part-specific information
- Notification if specific metal forming conditions appear during processing
Members of the Joint Working Group:
- AP&T Group
- Japan Forming Machinery Association
- Mitsubishi Electric
- Schuler Group
- SMS Group