- Following are the terms and conditions for visitor of the “umati WebEvent” on December 16/17, 2020
- Participation is free of charge for visitors. Completing the registration procedure at the website of the event is mandatory.
- Any claims against the organizer are expressly excluded. Organizer is the German Maschine Tool Builders’ Association (Verein Deutscher Werkzeugmaschinenfabriken e.V., VDW), Lyoner Straße 14, D‑60325 Frankfurt, Germany.
- The organizer VDW complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Please refer to VDW’s privacy statement explicitly for information about your rights and the responsible Data Protection
- Managers and Officers: https://vdw.de/en/vdw-privacy-statement/
Special Aspects for the umati Web Event (uWE)
In order to be able to take part in the uWE, a prior registration on the website of the uWE (provided by our partner FairsNext) is required. We process this data solely to enable you to participate in the uWE, to confirm your registration and log in to the uWE, to provide you with further information about the uWE in which you wish to participate and to carry out the relevant processing communication. In addition, your data may be processed by the exhibitors present in the uWE if you address them for product or technichal information, online chat and communications, arrangement of appointments etc. Furthermore, speakers of the talks and presentations or virtual events receive information about your participation, if you voluntarily enter such an event.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in the context of registration and participation in the web session or virtual event is Art. 6, paragraph 1 s. 1 lit. b GDPR. If personal data are provided by you voluntarily, the processing of these data is based on the legal basis of Art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 lit. a GDPR.
Categories of Personal Data
We process the personal data provided by you during registration for the above-mentioned purposes. This includes in any case the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- E‑mail address
- Phone number
- Function in the company
- Categories of personal interest for match making
We delete your personal data provided during registration for the uWE, in principle six years after first participation, unless there are legal retention periods that prevent the deletion of your data.
If you consent to the storage of your personal data for the purpose of participating in upcoming web sessions or virtual events during the registration process, we will store your data beyond the above-mentioned storage period until the time of revocation of your consent.
If we process your personal data for advertising purposes based on your consent, your data will be deleted immediately after your consent is revoked.